With a customized template, you can have much more than the standard blog. Customization will personalize the blog to match your subject matter and your personality. And who doesn't want that?

As far as functionality-as an example, with a few tweaks, you can have a very up-to-date and modern commenting system that YOU have control over with Disqus.

Disqus was installed on this blog, as a matter of fact, it is easy to sign up to get Disqus comment moderation and trackbacks; just download your template to your computer, and upload to disqus and it will automatically insert the code into your template. From there, just select all, copy and go back to your layout html and paste it in. Save, and you're done!

Go to your layout, add an html widget, and get recent comments from Disqus on your blog.

It really is that easy.

I haven't done that yet here, because I'm waiting to post a few posts to see if I like the font I've selected for this blog. If I don't like it, it will be easy enough to change...just don't want to create more work for myself than I have to.
blog comments powered by Disqus